FOR THE COMMUNITY
Mission: Mindfulness community courses are bespoke for a particular audience.
The Mission: Mindfulness MT course is a 6 week introductory course to mindfulness. During the sessions participants learn practical tips and strategies to help them bring mindfulness principles to their daily life. There is time spent in group discussion as well as doing guided breathing practices. Mindfulness can help people to:
- manage day-to-day stress more effectively
- fully focus on the present moment
- become more emotionally aware and self-aware
- be more self-compassionate
- have greater empathy and patience with others
The course runs in 6 weekly blocks and is currently being held on Wednesday evenings, 7.30pm - 8.30pm at Manor House library in Hither Green. The next course starts on 13th September.
Price: The price of the course is £85
The workshops and courses can be for tailored to the particular audience whether that be busy parents, teenagers about to do important exams, or a sports team or club needing to improve performance.
The vision of all the community based courses are to help people to:
- Improve a person’s capability to fully focus
- Increase awareness of the links between thoughts and emotions
- Encourage empathy and non-judgemental thinking
- Help people to relate differently to their thoughts and to recognise when our minds may be playing tricks on us
- Help an attendee cope with, and even embrace, challenge and difficulty
- Consider what small changes can be made to daily routine to improve well-being and contentment
- Avoid living life on auto-pilot
- Build resilience
- Cultivate kindness and gratitude