FOR THE COMMUNITY
The Mission: Mindfulness community courses are bespoke for the particular audience.
The workshops or programmes could be for busy parents, teenagers about to do important exams, or a sports team or club.
However the common themes of all the community based courses are to:
- Improve a person’s capability to fully focus
- Increase awareness of the links between thoughts and emotions
- Encourage empathy and non-judgemental thinking
- Help people to relate differently to their thoughts and to recognise when our minds may be playing tricks on us
- Help an attendee cope with, and even embrace, challenge and difficulty
- Consider what small changes can be made to daily routine to improve well-being and contentment
- Avoid living life on auto-pilot
- Build resilience
- Cultivate kindness and gratitude